Monday, August 9, 2010

Curried Pork Satay


Okay.... Yum. That's exactly what these turned out to be. I loved them and more importantly the kids and Mike loved them too. In keeping with my new theme (try something new) I picked these because I have not had much luck feeding the kids anything with curry. Now I'll have this dinner  in my back pocket when I try something else with curry and my son immediately tells me that he doesn't like curry!





  • 1/4 cup soya sauce
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup dry red wine
  • 1 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 - 1 tsp red pepper flakes ( I only used a pinch )
  • 2 1/2 lbs lean, boneless pork cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
  1. In a bowl, stir together all of the ingredients. remove 1/4 cup of the marinade and set aside for later.
  2. Add the remaining marinade to the pork and toss to coat. Marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
  3. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.
  4. Preheat your grill. Remove the pork from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
  5. Grill your pork over med heat and baste occasionally with your reserved marinade.

Grill until well browned on both sides and slightly pink in the center.

I served these with basmati rice and some chopped fresh green onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment